Get an Appointment
Fort Lauderdale’s Premier Employee Rights Lawyer
How Do I Know If My Employee Rights Have Been Violated?
Your employee rights have been violated if you find yourself in any of the following situations:
- You have been discriminated against based on race, sex or sexual orientation, age or disability, pregnancy or national origin.
- You have been the victim of sexual harassment, threats, or sustained bullying in the workplace.
- You’re paid below the minimum wage or are not receiving your dues as mandated in your contract.
- You’re facing retaliation for whistleblowing or reporting misconduct on the part of your superiors or the company.
- You’ve been wrongfully denied disability claims from your employer.
- You face or fear retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Your employment has been wrongly terminated.
Any of these circumstances are a clear violation of an employee’s rights and should be handled by an employee rights lawyer.
What Can I Expect From My Employee Rights Lawyer?
You should consult with your lawyer as soon as possible after your grievance occurs. They will investigate your case and advise you on the best way to move forward. It won’t always be necessary to take your case to court; your lawyer may pursue other avenues first, depending on your case.
Some solutions that your employee rights lawyer may pursue include:
- Placement to your former position or a position similar to it.
- Seeking an order for an aggressor to cease any distressing or threatening behavior.
- Payment of punitive damages, accrued back pay, owed wages, or other compensatory sums.
- A court order for the employer to create a safer work environment.
An employment attorney can be of assistance even in the absence of dispute. You may contact an employee rights attorney when negotiating an initial contract of employment or your severance package.
Contact Our Skilled Employee Rights Attorney Today!
When your employee rights have been violated, you need an attorney who can handle your case with experience and compassion. Here at Mark J. Berkowitz, we specialize in protecting employee rights and ensuring that you receive justice for your claims.
Contact us today at (954) 527-0570 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to meet with one of our expert employee rights attorneys today!