Mark J. Berkowitz P.A.: The Most Experienced Pregnancy Discrimination Attorney in Florida!
Being pregnant is hard enough without the added burden of being discriminated. Pregnancy discrimination is against the law. The Pregnancy discrimination act prohibits all aspects of discrimination in the workplace.
Pregnancy discrimination encompasses acts of unfavorable treatment to a female employee or job seeker. This is is usually due to her pregnancy or any other medical condition resulting from childbirth.
An excellent pregnancy discrimination attorney should help you when you suffer discrimination. Pregnancy discrimination can occur in several ways, including:
- Not being hired because of pregnancy.
- Failure to provide maternity leave.
- Inability to restore the employee to the same position after childbirth.
- Discrimination based on lactation needs.
- Failure to accommodate any other health complication related to pregnancy.
As an employee, in case you experience discrimination, you should know that employers cannot retaliate against an employee in Broward County.
Mark J. Berkowitz, P.A., is the best pregnancy discrimination attorney in Fort Lauderdale. We understand the employment laws in Florida and can help you navigate this field.
With over 20 years of experience, our attorney, Mark J. Berkowitz, has all the expertise needed to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve if you have been wronged.
Mark has spent most of his professional career focusing on labor and employment laws and has argued several cases before state and federal courts. He is the best labor & employment lawyer in Fort Lauderdale.
Get an Appointment
Florida Employment Discrimination Laws
Title VII, amended by the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, is the first law. It has sex discrimination, including pregnancy discrimination, illegal. The Americans with Disabilities Act is the second.
It prohibits discrimination against an applicant or employee based on disability. Furthermore, it includes pregnancy-related disabilities such as diabetes that develop during pregnancy.
What Happens if You Get Fired Because You are Pregnant?
First, as mentioned above, getting fired because you are pregnant is against the law. Second, call us immediately. Mark J. Berkowitz, P.A. is the best labor & employment lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, and we can help.
Here’s what you should do immediately:
- Keep a good record of the details, including dates, times, places, and witnesses. Save copies of your evaluations and any emails or memos showing you are good at your work.
- Follow your employer’s reporting procedures if there are any.
- If you report the pregnancy discrimination with our employment attorney in Fort Lauderdale, we will legally compel your employer to take action to prevent it from occurring.
Our labor & employment lawyer, Fort Lauderdale, ensures that all the laws and procedures are adhered to.
Contact Us Today
Our ethical and professional team is experienced in the world of labor laws. Furthermore, we also provide the following services:
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- False Claims Act
- Religious Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Employee Representation
Please reach out to us for these and more. We are more than happy to represent you.