Get an Appointment
Wrongful Discharge: Understanding Your Rights and Legal Options
In today’s fast-paced work environment, job security is often a top concern for employees. We all invest significantly in our careers, and the prospect of losing a job unjustly can be a distressing experience. If you’ve found yourself in a situation where you believe you were wrongfully discharged from your job, you’re not alone. Mark J. Berkowitz, one of the best wrongful termination lawyers, is here to guide you through the intricacies of wrongful termination, ensuring that your rights are protected and justice is served.
Understanding Wrongful Termination
Common Grounds for Wrongful Termination
- Discrimination: Employers are prohibited from firing employees based on race, gender, religion, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. If you suspect discrimination in your termination, consult with experienced work discrimination lawyers.
- Retaliation: Employers cannot fire an employee for engaging in legally protected activities, such as whistleblowing, filing a complaint, or collaborating with investigators of workplace violations. Harassment lawyers can help you seek justice if you face retaliation.
- Breach of Contract: If a valid employment contract was violated when you were terminated, you may have grounds for a wrongful discharge claim. It’s crucial to have an employment attorney review your contract to determine the strength of your case.
- Violation of Public Policy: Wrongful termination can occur when an employer persuades an employee to perform an illegal act or fires them for refusing to engage in unlawful activities. If your termination involves such violations, seek the counsel of wrongful termination lawyers immediately.
- Constructive Discharge: Sometimes, employers create such a hostile work environment that employees must resign. In such cases, if you can prove that the conditions were unbearable and caused you to resign, it may be considered a wrongful discharge.
Taking Legal Action
No one should have to endure the emotional and financial consequences of wrongful discharge. Mark J. Berkowitz is dedicated to advocating for employees’ rights and ensuring that those who have been wrongfully terminated receive the compensation they deserve.
If you believe you’ve been a victim of wrongful termination, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a confidential consultation. Your job is essential, and we are here to protect it. You don’t have to face this challenging situation alone. Our wrongful termination lawyers are here to provide you with the legal support and guidance you need to navigate the complexities of wrongful termination claims.